|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available for purchase in: Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions|
Available (with limitations) in: Developer Edition
|To build, edit, and manage Site.com sites:||Site.com Publisher User field enabled on the user detail page|
Site administrator or designer role assigned at the site level
Use events to add interactive and animated effects to the pages and page elements of your website.
- Select the relevant page or page element.
- Select an event in the Events pane (). See Available Events and Actions.
- Click and select an action in the Choose an Action list that appears.
- Set the other available properties for the action, such as:
- Target Element—specifies the page element that the action affects
- Effect—specifies how the action is animated, such as fade or slide.
- Speed—sets the speed of the animation to fast, normal, slow, or very slow
- Chained—allows you to chain actions so they occur sequentially. For example, to create a Delay action that delays the action that follows it, select the Delay action's Chained checkbox. This indents the subsequent action underneath the Delay action, indicating that it's tied to the Delay action. Applies to the Animate, Delay, Hide Element, Repeat, Show Element, and Toggle Element actions.
- Click Save.
- Add more actions if required.
- When you add an event to a page or page element, an asterisk (*) appears beside the event in the Events pane.
- If you hover over on a selected page element, a tooltip appears indicating which events are associated with the element. You can also click the icon to quickly open the Events tab.
To delete an action, select it and click .
To change the order in which an action occurs, select it and click or .