|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available for purchase in: Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions|
Available (with limitations) in: Developer Edition
|To build, edit, and manage Site.com sites:||Site.com Publisher User field enabled on the user detail page|
Site administrator or designer role assigned at the site level
Set properties for the site, such as the home page, site name, and error page, and create an anonymous preview URL that allows other users to review the site before it goes live. The URL is always valid (unless you disable it) and shows the latest work in progress. It’s only available to the people you send it to, and can’t be found by search engines.
- On the Overview tab, click Site Configuration.
- Click Edit.
- In the Site Configuration view, you can:
- Replace the name in the Site Name field to rename the site.
- See the Developer Name of the site. This read-only field may differ from the Site Name. The Developer Name is used by the Metadata API.
- Select Enable Anonymous Preview to create a URL that allows other users to preview the site before it goes live. (Click the View Anonymous Preview option that appears in the Preview menu to access the preview URL, which you can copy and send to other users to review and test your changes.) Enable Anonymous Preview is also available from the Preview menu on the Overview tab.
- Access the site’s guest user profile.
- Set the clickjack protection level.
- Select the home page for your website in the Home Page drop-down list.
Community sites only:
- Select the login page for your Site.com
Community site in the Login Page drop-down list.
- Select the page that you’ve set up for Site.com
Community site users who don’t have accounts yet from the Registration Page drop-down list.
- Select the Forgot Password page you’ve set up for your community using Site.com.
- Select a user-friendly error page in the 404 Page drop-down list to display when a page can't be found. It's a good idea to create a user-friendly error page to assist site visitors if they encounter a broken link.
- Click Save.
- The home page, 404 page, login page, and self-registration page that you specify for Site.com
Community sites in Site Configuration set the default pages for the Site.com
Community site. These default URLs are used unless you specify different URLs in Community Management under and . Community error pages are specified in Force.com Setup, under Error Pages.
- When your Site.com
Community site is inactive, users are redirected to the Service Not Available page defined in under Pages.