|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To view Solutions tab:||“Read” on solutions|
|To view solutions:||“Read” on solutions|
|To create solutions:||“Create” on solutions|
Clicking on the Solutions tab displays the solutions home page.
- Under Find Solutions, enter keywords to search for a solution. If your organization uses categories, optionally select a category in which to search. If multilingual solutions is enabled for your organization, search results return solutions in all languages that have matching keywords. However, search results across all languages might not be reliable because terms searched from one language to another are processed differently.
- In the Browse Solutions section, click a category name to view a list of solutions in that category and its subcategories.
- To show a filtered list of items, select a predefined list from the View drop-down list, or click Create New View to define your own custom views. To edit or delete any view you created, select it from the View drop-down list and click Edit.
- In the Recent Solutions section, select an item from the drop-down list to display a brief list of the top solutions matching that criteria. From the list, you can click any solution name to go directly to the solution detail. Toggle the Show 25 items and Show 10 items links to change the number of items that display. The fields you see are determined by the “Solutions Tab” search layout defined by your administrator and by your field-level security settings (available in Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited, Performance, and Developer Editions only). The Recent Solutions choices are:
||The last ten or twenty-five solutions you viewed, with the most recently viewed solution listed first. This list is derived from your recent items and includes records owned by you and other users.|
- In the Recent Solutions section, click New to create a solution.
- Under Reports, click any report name to display that report. The Solution List report allows you to report on any solution field.