To make updates to your desktop client access settings, use the enhanced profile user interface. For example, change Connect for Outlook alert settings from here.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To view desktop client access settings:||“View Setup and Configuration”|
|To edit desktop client access settings:||“Manage Profiles and Permission Sets”|
Connect Offline and Connect for Office are desktop clients that integrate Salesforce with your PC. As an administrator, you can control which desktop clients your users can access as well as whether users are automatically notified when updates are available.
To access desktop clients, users must also have the “API Enabled” permission.
On the Desktop Client Access page in the enhanced profile user interface, you can:
- Search for an object, permission, or setting
- Clone the profile
- If it's a custom profile, delete the profile by clicking Delete
- Change the profile name or description by clicking Edit Properties
- Go to the profile overview page by clicking Profile Overview
- Switch to a different settings page by clicking the down arrow next to the Desktop Client Access name and selecting the page you want