Multi-select checkboxes and multi-select picklist fields let flow users select multiple choices in a screen field. Before you start using multi-select choice fields, understand how they work in flows, both when you design the flows and when your users run them.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
- Configuring a Multi-Select Resource Field
- A multi-select choice field can have only one default value.
- A dynamic record choice resource can be configured to assign field values from a user-selected record to variables in the flow. When a multi-select choice field uses a dynamic record choice, only values from the last record that the user selects are stored in the flow variables. If multiple multi-select choice fields on one screen use the same dynamic record choice, the variable assignments obey the first of those fields.
- Using Values from a Multi-Select Resource Field
- At run time, a multi-select field’s value is a concatenation of the user-selected choice values, separated by semicolons. If any of the selected choices’ values included semi-colons, those semi-colons are removed.
- If you referenced multi-select choice fields in flow conditions, follow these best practices.
- Configure a stored value for each choice that you use in multi-select choice fields.
- Don’t use the same choice in multiple multi-select choice fields on the same screen.