|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
The following terminology is used for Visual Workflow in Salesforce:
- Cloud Flow Designer
- Cloud-based application that lets administrators create a flow for use in Salesforce.
- Connectors determine the available paths that a flow can take at run time.
- Each element represents an action that the flow can execute. Examples of such actions include reading or writing Salesforce data, displaying information and collecting data from flow users, executing business logic, or manipulating data.
- A flow is an application that can execute logic, interact with the Salesforce database, call Apex classes, and collect data from users. You can build flows by using the Cloud Flow Designer.
- Flow Interview
- A flow interview is a running instance of a flow.
- Master Flow
- A master flow is a flow that contains a subflow element. The term “master” is used to distinguish it from the flow that is referenced and called by the subflow element.
- Each resource represents a value that you can reference throughout the flow.
- A subflow element references another flow, which it calls at run time. The flow that contains the subflow element is referred to as the master flow.