When you create a field update action, specify what the new value of the field should be.
|Available in: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
Available field update options depend on the type of field you’re updating.
- Choose A specific value, and enter the value in the space provided.
- Choose A blank value (null) if you want Salesforce to remove any existing value and leave the field blank. This option isn't available for required fields, checkboxes, and some other types of fields.
- For record owners, choose the user to whom the record should be assigned. For case, lead, and custom object records, you can also choose a queue for this field. Select Notify Assignee to send an email to the new record owner (option unavailable when user control over task assignment notifications is enabled).
- For checkboxes, choose True to select the checkbox and False to deselect it.
- For picklists, select a specific value from the drop-down list, or select the value above or below the current value based on the sorting specified in the picklist definition. If you sort values alphabetically, the values above or below may be different for users in other languages.
- Choose Use a formula to set the new value to calculate the value based on an expression, merge fields, or other values. For more information about using formulas in Salesforce, see Formulas.