- Attachments sent as links (exceeding 3MB) from Salesforce using the "Send an Email" button are stored for 30 days.
- EmailMessage & Attachment records are created for every email sent from native salesforce or via the API (regardless of attachment size)
- EmailMessage & Attachment records count toward the overall storage limit
- EmailMessage & Attachment records must be deleted by customer to reduce the amount of storage used
- EmailMessage & Attachment records are essentially a history of emails and related attachments sent
Customer Support is able to dig through these records to find a previously sent email with associated attachment(s) (assuming the records were not intentionally deleted by customer ) for a maximum of 30 days in the past.
File Size Limits in Salesforce
Why are the attachments on my email-to-case not getting attached to the created case record?
Unable to locate the attachments under added Email
What are size limits for attachments on Email to Case?