How to track outbound emails sent by each user in Salesforce?
1) Navigate to the task "Type" picklist field: Click Your Name | Setup | Customize | Activities | Task Fields | Type
2) Click "New" and create a new picklist value called "Outbound Email".
3) As soon as the "Outbound Email" value is created, edit it and make the "Send Email: Make this value the default for sending an email" checkbox ticked.
Note: Make sure that it is not the "Default" value, just the "Send Email Default".
4) The next step is to navigate to Reports Tab | Click "Create New Custom Report" | Select Category: Activities | Select Report Type: Tasks and Events | Create
5) The last step is to select filters:
- Show: All Activities
- Show: Completed Activities
- Show: Tasks
- No "From" or "To" dates
- Add the following field filter: Activity Type | equals | Outbound Email | OK
6) Run the report and Save it to a report folder.