To enable products and annuities for your organization, your system administrator needs to do the following:
1. Set up a product/ annuity schedule.
2. Create price books and products.
3. Add the products related list to the opportunity page layout .
To set up the products/annuity schedule:
1. Click on:
Setup | App Setup | Customize | Products.
2. Click "Schedule Setup".
3. Check the quantity schedules box if you would like to track number of units, dates, and installments for product orders.
4. Check the "Revenue Schedules" box if you would like to track the amounts, dates, and number of installments for product orders.
5. Check the "Enable ... Scheduling for all Products" in price books options to activate the schedule type on all existing products in your price books.
6. Click "Save".
To create Price Book:
1. Select the "Products Tab".
2. In the bottom right hand corner of the screen select "Manage Price Books" .
3. Select "New" next to "Active Price Books".
4. Enter the name and description of the new price book.
5. Put a checkmark next to "Active" to make the price book active.
6. Select an existing price book from the drop down list if you want to clone an existing price book
You are now ready to create and enter products in your new price book as needed.
To create Products:
1. Click "New Product" from the task bar.
2. Enter a name for the product.
3. Enter any additional information for the product.
4. Click "Save" when you are finished or click "Save & New" to save the current product and create another.
Optionally, click "Add" in the standard price related list to add an associated price and currency to the new product.
Optionally, click Add to Price Book from the Price Books related list to include the new product in a price book. Products must have a standard price before you can add them to a price book.
To add 'Products' to the opportunity page layout follow the directions below:
1. Click on:
Setup | App Setup | Customize | Opportunities | Opportunities Page Layout
2. Click the page layout that you would like to add the products related list to and then select "Edit".
3. To the right of the screen you will see a drop down titled 'view'. Select "Opportunity Related List".
4. Drag and drop the "Products" icon from the current box into the related list section at the bottom of the page.
5. Click "Save".
The products related list will now show in your page layout.
By completing the three steps above, your Salesforce users will be able to assign product opportunities / sales to individual opportunities.