How to Grant Login Access to a Salesforce Success Agent
|Knowledge Article Number||000003910|
Salesforce Support may ask you to grant login access in order to assist you with a question, issue, or request. This is so that Support can log into the application using your login to troubleshoot and fix issues stemming from your inquiry. You must grant access to them and specify a duration for that access, but please be assured that no one can log in to your account to resolve support issues unless you grant access in this way.
1. Choose one of the following in Salesforce Classic User Interface:
-Click on Setup | My Personal Information | Grant Login Access.
- Click on Your Name | My Settings | Personal | Grant Account Login Access
2. Set the access expiration date for "Salesforce.com Support" (Minimum of 1 month for technical escalations).
3. Click Save.
Choose one of the following in Lightning Experience User Interface:
1. Click on your avatar in the top right-hand side of the screen and choose "Settings".
2. Click on Grant Account Login Access.
3. Set the access expiration date for Salesforce.com Support (Minimum of 1 month for technical escalations).
4. Click Save.
All Other Users
1. Choose Your Name | My Settings | Personal | Grant Account Login Access.
2. Set the access expiration date for "salesforce.com support" (Minimum of 1 month for technical escalations).
3. Click Save.
Note: If you're not getting an option to give login access to Salesforce Support, please check your Organization's Login Access Policies (from Setup, click Security Controls | Login Access Policies), and ensure that "Available to Administrators Only" is not selected for Salesforce.com Support. If it's selected, please change it to "Available to Users."
Additional Important Information