Add or change an Opportunity stage
1. Click Setup.
2. Under "Build," click Customize | Opportunity | Fields.
3. Click "Stage" field label.
4. Click 'New' to add a new stage. Click 'Edit' next to the stage for which you would like to change the probability or type of forecast category.
5. For new Opportunity stage values, select the Sales Process you want associated.
- You'll only have this option if your organization has multiple Sales Processes (available in Enterprise Edition and above).
6. Click "Save".
To replace (update) an existing Opportunity Stage value with the new one you have created, you can click the "Replace" button. Enter the existing Stage name in the Exact Value Changing From field and then choose the new value you created in the Select Value Changing To picklist. This will replace all existing values on your Opportunity records with the new picklist value you created.
Delete an opportunity stage
1. Click Setup.
2. Under "Build" click Customize | Opportunity | Fields.
3. Click on the Stage field name.
4. Click Del next to the pick list value.
5. Select the appropriate stage from the drop down that all opportunities with the current stage will be replaced with. If an opportunity stage is deleted and is not replaced with an existing value, it will be moved to the list of inactive stages.
Below are the steps for Lightning Experience:
1. Click on Setup home
2. Click Object and Fields under the Platform Tools Section
3. Click on Object Manager
4. Click on Opportunity
5. Under Fields and Relationships click on Stage field label.
6. Click 'New' to add a new stage under Opportunity Stage Picklist Values. Click 'Edit' next to the stage for which you would like to change the probability or type of forecast category.
NOTE: On existing opportunities if the value is not replaced by another existing value, the value will not be changed.