How do I obtain debug logs for Salesforce for Outlook if requested to do so by Salesforce support ?
|Knowledge Article Number||000004501|
Usually support will ask for a copy of a debug log (note this is a DEBUG only log not the regular log) copy of the Salesforce for Outlook. To capture this information please follow the steps provided below.
Up to 25 Trace.log files are maintained, so when the 25th one is full (1024KB), the oldest would be deleted
1. Close Salesforce for Outlook (right click on the Salesforce for Outlook system tray icon at the bottom right corner of your screen and click on Exit
3. Open the file Logger.xml in a text editor (Right click on the file and click on Open With and select Notepad)
4. Change the 3 values as below from the default value "INFO" to "DEBUG" and save the file.
5. Restart Salesforce for Outlook
6. Replicate the problem behavior and collect the logs using the following articles
7. Reset the values in Config\Logger.xml back to "INFO" and again exit then restart Salesforce for Outlook.