The Automated Case User is the user who is listed in the Case History for all automated case actions in Salesforce
- When a case is automatically assigned using assignment rules
- When a case is escalated
- When a case is created online via web to case
- When Email-to-Case fails to create a case, the Automated Case User is emailed with the error message(s), of why a case was not created.
This user is also specified in the From address for case escalation email notifications.
To change the Automated case User, please follow the directions below:.
- Click on: Setup| App Setup| Customize| Cases| Support Settings
- Click Edit to change any of the listed support settings.
- Choose the new Automated Case User by typing their full name in the field or by using the lookup icon.
- Click "Save".
All automated case actions will now have this new Automated Case User listed on the Case History.
Remember: Automated Case user must have the System Administrator profile or the “Modify All Data” and “Send Email” permissions.
For further information on "Customizing Support Settings", check out this Article: