In order to create the Customer Self Service Portal, you must first create your company's knowledge base, by creating and publishing solutions.
1. Use the Solutions tab to build a knowledge base to address frequently asked questions (FAQs).
2. Establish and enforce a process for creating, editing, and approving solutions to ensure that they are concise and accurate.
3. Publish your solutions to make them available in the Self-Service Portal.
Now that you have a knowledge base, you can customize the Self-Service Portal to have the look and feel of your company's website.
1. Use one of the provided style sheets, or customize your own style sheet, then add your corporate logo to the portal header. This will give your Self-Service Portal the same look and feel as your corporate Web site.
2. Use the Self-Service Jump Start wizard to send sample logins to other employees within your company to get feedback on the usability and effectiveness of your portal.
Your customers now have access to the Self Service Portal and can search the knowledge base for answers to FAQs, as well as the ability to check the status on existing cases.