Important Note : Effective Winter ’16, we retired Connect for Outlook. Before you get interested in our retired, legacy Connect for Outlook product, we urge you to explore either our cloud- or desktop-based Microsoft integration products: Salesforce App for Outlook or Salesforce for Outlook. More information on the same can be found in this Article.
With Connect for Microsoft Outlook v2.x or v.3.x, you can map custom fields in salesforce to standard or custom fields in Outlook.
To map custom fields:
1. In Outlook go to:
Tools | Salesforce Options and click on the Contacts, Tasks, or Events Tab.
2. Click on:
Advanced | Field Maps | New Mapping.
3. Choose a field from the salesforce Field drop-down list. This drop-down list displays the names of all Salesforce fields that have not yet been mapped.
4. Choose a field from the Outlook Field drop-down list that corresponds to the field you just chose in Outlook. This drop-down list displays the names of the standard Outlook fields for that kind of record. To choose a custom Outlook field that already exists, select it from the list. To create a new custom Outlook field, type its name into the box. The custom Outlook field name must be a single word (no spaces) with only letters and numbers.
5. Accept the default Conversion field value, "Use salesforce.com type."
The following are the only circumstances which you should change the Conversion field from its default value:
a. If you are mapping a field that represents either a date or a date and time combination, then choose "date" or "datetime," respectively.
b. If you are mapping a field that represents the urgency of a task, then choose "Priority."
c. If you are mapping a field that represents the status of a task, then choose "Status."
d. If you are mapping a field that represents how other users see this time in your calendar, then choose "BusyStatus."
5. Leave the Matching score and Nonmatching score fields at 50. If you modify these fields, it may cause duplicate records to be created. Modifying these fields is an advanced customization and we recommend that you leave the default values.
6. Click "OK" to save the new mapping.