Use these instructions to set up Web-to-case auto-response rules:
1. Click on:
Setup | App Setup | Customize | Cases | Auto-Response Rules.
2. Click "New" to create a case auto-response rule, and provide a name, such as: "General Auto-Response Rule".
3. Click "Save".
4. Click "New" to create a new rule entry.
5. Enter a number to specify the order this entry should be processed. The rule processes entries in this order and stops processing at the first matching entry and then sends the email.
6. Set the criteria for the rule entry.
7. Then, the key step: set the "Email Name" and "Email Address" that recipients of auto-response emails will see and be able to reply to.
8. Set the "Email Template" for this rule entry.
9. Click "Save".