Current Version of the Nonprofit Success Pack: 3.0
If you are new to Salesforce and The Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP)
- Visit the Salesforce.org trials page.
- Click on "Select Trial Edition" and choose Pre-Configured for Donor Management (Enterprise Edition + NPSP) as your trial edition.
- Fill out the rest of the form and click Submit.
To upgrade, you simply use the Nonprofit Success Pack Installer. It’s smart, and knows exactly which packages need to be upgraded. See this article for complete instructions. IMPORTANT: You DO NOT need to uninstall your current version of NPSP before upgrading
If you already have the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP), and want to upgrade:
You can install the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) on any "empty" version of Salesforce Enterprise Edition (Production or Sandbox)
If you already have Salesforce, but don't have the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) installed:
IMPORTANT BEFORE INSTALLATION : Salesforce does not recommend installing upgrades directly in production organizations. Instead, install your NPSP upgrade in one of your free sandbox environments, or a developer organization first. See Creating or Refreshing a Sandbox in Salesforce Help for more information.
- Visit the NPSP 3.0 Installer page.
- Log in to your Salesforce organization by clicking Log In, choosing Production or Developer Edition or Sandbox, and entering your login credentials.
- Review the installation list and click Install.
IMPORTANT AFTER INSTALLATION : After installing the Nonprofit Success Pack in your Production or Developer Edition of Salesforce you will need to perform a few additional steps, one of which includes running a Health Check. Running Health Check will tell you if there are any configuration steps that you need to correct. You should also create a test contact, account/household and opportunity to confirm that everything appears as it should. For more about this please make sure you consult the post-install instructions once you've completed your upgrade by clicking here.