Can I set a default price book for a user / group of users?
|Knowledge Article Number||000005656|
|Description||Can I set a default price book for a user / group of users?|
|Resolution||It is possible to set a default price book for a user or group of users. However, when you do this, you need to keep in mind that the user will only have access to this default price book, and you will need to setup sharing for all of your price books.
The first step is to set the organization wide default security setting for price books to "No Access" or "View Only." To do this:
1. Navigate to:
Setup | Administration Setup | Security Controls | Sharing Settings
2. Edit the Organization Wide Defaults.
3. Change the default for Price Books to "No Access" or "View Only"
4. Click "Save".
Now, you need to manually share your price books to users:
1. Click on the Products tab.
2. Scroll down and click "Manage Price Books."
3. Click in on a Price Book Name.
4. Click on the "Sharing" button, then click "Add".
5. Here, you can grant "Use" access to a user/role/group/territory.
If a user only has "Use" access to one price book, this price book will be their "default." When they add products to a opportunity, the price book will auto-select and they will only have access to that price book.