How do I setup Organization-wide Group Calendar access?
|Knowledge Article Number||000005685|
I would like to change Calendar access for my organization but I am not sure where I need to go in order to make the appropriate adjustments.
|Resolution||Available in Professional | Enterprise | Unlimited | Developer | Performance editions.
The first step to using the Group Calendaring feature is to set your organization-wide calendar sharing model. This must be done by a System Administrator.
1. To set the sharing model for user's personal calendars, click on:
Setup | Administration Setup | Security Controls | Sharing Settings.
2. Click "Edit" in the Organization Wide Defaults of the Default Sharing Settings page to set the default sharing access for calendars to one of the following:
- Hide Details - Others can see whether the user is available at given times, but can not see any other information about the nature of events in the user's calendar
- Hide Details and Add Events - In addition to the sharing levels set by Hide Details, users can insert events in other user calendars
- Show Details - Users can see detailed information about events in other user calendars
- Show Details and Add Events - In addition to the sharing levels set by Show Details, users can insert events in other user calendars
3. Hit save.
Once the administrator has set this access, users may also grant access to other users, personal and public groups, roles, or roles and subordinates on an individual basis.
Also read "Setting up Shared Calendaring".