|How do I navigate to my Bulk Submissions?
Once you sign in to your Data.com Connect account navigate to My Account > Bulk Submissions
How do I submit a bulk contact submission file?
- Log in to your Connect account
- Click the arrow next to the green Add button at the top of any Connect page.
- Select A group of contacts from the list
- In the Add multiple contacts panel, open the template and use it to prepare a file of your contacts. *The template is an Excel spreadsheet already in CSV (comma-separated values) format. The column headers and sample entries how how exactly how to enter your contact information
- Save the template locally and add your contacts to it
- Browse to the file you've saved and open it.
- Connect automatically uploads and opens your Submission History, which shows the upload status as In Progress
What column headers should be included in the file?
- First Name
- Last Name
- Job Title
- Email Address
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- Postal Code
How many records can I upload at one time?
- Connect measures the file by file size rather than number of contacts
- Files that are larger than 1 MB will require manual review. Connect automatically uploads and opens your Submission History, which shows the upload status as In Progress.
- The max file size is 20 MB
Why am I being asked to re-arrange fields?
- After uploading a file, the system will try to determine what information is in each column
- If the column headers do not match, the system may not be able to identify which columns contain the necessary information
- We recommend matching column headers and removing unnecessary columns you may have added
Why were my contacts rejected?
- For a record to be added to Connect, it must be a new record and include all the necessary fields for points
- The company and email domain must be added to Connect before contacts can be added with that email domain
- For help on how to add a company record check out > Adding and Updating Companies
Why are some of my records banned?
- Connect does not allow records from non-business email addresses to be added to the database. Examples include @gmail.com @hotmail.com @yahoo.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com. Those records should be removed or updated.
What if a Contact already exists in Connect?
- You can update the contact record if you have better information than the existing record
- Please read our Help Topic: Updating Contact Information for help
How long does it take for the upload to add my contacts and points?
Hey Member! Looking to learn more?
Check out our video on how Adding & Updating contacts!