In order for me to find out the root of your performance issue, please follow the instructions below.
1. Grant Login access:
a) Click on Setup | Personal Setup | My Personal Information | Grant Login Access.
b) Locate the grant login access to salesforce.com support area on the page. In the access expiration date field, enter the date through which a salesforce.com customer support representative should have access to your account.
c) Click "Save"
2. Log into a different browser and check if Salesforce is also slow.
3. Configure the optimal browser settings as Salesforce recommends below:
Configuring Internet Explorer
4. If you are still having problems with slowness please follow the instructions below and submit the results:
1. On the Windows taskbar, click the Start button, select Run.
2. Type "cmd" in the text box (without the quotation marks) and press the Enter key. A DOS window will appear.
3. At the DOS prompt, type "ping login.salesforce.com >> c:\ping.txt" (without the quotation marks) and press the Enter key.
4. Repeat Step 3, typing "ping na1.salesforce.com >> c:\ping2.txt" (without the quotation marks).
5. At the DOS prompt, type "tracert login.salesforce.com >> c:\tracert.txt" (without the quotation marks) and press the Enter key. (Note this process may take approximately 1 minute.)
6. Repeat Step 5, typing "tracert na1.salesforce.com >> c:\tracert2.txt" (without the quotation marks).
7. Once these processes have completed, locate the text file on your C:\ drive and attach the file to your case. This is done in the Help and Training Portal's My Success Hub by accessing your case after it has been submitted.
You can click "View Case" directly after submitting a new case or open an existing case by:
a. Clicking on the Help and Training link next to your name in Salesforce
b. Scroll down to the Additional Help & Training section and click "GO THERE NOW" for My Success Hub.
c. In the menu on the left hand side of the page choose "Support Cases"
d. Click on the case number in question
e. Scroll down on the case details page and add your files via the Attachments related list
If applicable, please include the response from your Internet Service Provider as to what they think the problem may be in addition to the text files listed above.
Once this data is received, the data will be analyzed thoroughly. Salesforce.com will do its best to help you to solve this performance issue.