Validate the new email address
As soon as you validate your new email address, it will automatically reflect in the User Detail Record. Here's what to expect:
1. Upon saving the record, a prompt will appear notifying you that an email will be sent to the new email address on file. Click OK.
2. Check the new email address on file for a notice from Salesforce. It will contain a link to validate your email.
3. A second email will be sent (only for Chatter and User record update) to the old email address, however, no action is necessary. It's just a notification.
Quick Tips: If you're a System Administrator changing the email for one of your Users, please have them follow the above instructions.
Didn't receive the email?
- Check your Spam folder for the email.
- Notify your IT department that the Salesforce IP addresses may need to be whitelisted on the email server.