Limits and requirements
- Total Bucket Fields allowed per report - 5
- Total "Buckets" allowed per Bucket Field - 20
- Total values allowed per "Bucket" - 20 (doesn't include the use of "Other" as permitted within the Bucket Field's setup)
- Total values allowed per Bucket Field - 42-45 values
Errors and using Bucket Fields in multiple reports
- "Query is too complex" error - Whenever you've exceeded the overall Bucket Field limit (usually around 42-45 values for the whole bucket), you'll receive an error stating "The query for these buckets is too complex. Remove one or more buckets and retry."
- Re-using Bucket Fields in multiple reports - Bucket Fields can only be used in the report where they were generated. To use a Bucket Field in another report, you'll need to be re-create it for each additional report or create a separate formula field for the object dependent on the bucket.
To see an example of a Bucket Field in action, check out our "Numeric Bucketing Example" help documentation.