|Apex Data Loader can be installed successfully on a PC, however, there's no way to load the application when following the click path "C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Data Loader."
Before you get started - Make sure that you're installing Data Loader on a supported Operating System.
Locate Data Loader
1. Find the name of your PC profile (Windows XP
and Windows 7
2. Uninstall Data Loader by going to the following path:
C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Data Loader\dataloader_uninstall.exe
3. Reinstall Apex Data Loader from the previously downloaded ApexDataLoader.exe file.
- When the Data Loader Setup says the installation has completed, don't click Close.
4. Right-click the Installation Log and click Copy Details To Clipboard.
5. Open up a new Notepad file, paste the installation log details and save the file to your PC.
6. Close the Data Loader Setup.
7. Make sure that your PC profile name and the profile name from the Installation Log file match each other.
- If they don't match and you see the profile name of your Administrator, your PC won't let you access the folder with Apex Data Loader shortcut. If this is the case, contact your IT manager to help.
C:\Users\YOUR PC PROFILE NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\salesforce.com\Data Loader
Heads up - This has been observed to work for Apex Data Loader versions 24.0.0, 27.0.0, and 30.0.0.