Connect or Sync to your Salesforce database by using an external database
Here are some ways you can connect to your database:
1. Integrate the data into salesforce.com and store the data using the Force.com Web Services API and then build your Visualforce page on that data as needed or you could use the Data Loader to update the data.
2. Web-service enable your backend data and have apex make "callouts" (web service calls) to retrieve the data. There are some constraints about request and response size so please refer to the links below for more information.
3. If your web service provides a WSDL, you can:
4. If you only need the connection in one direction, Salesforce to Oracle, SQLServer, MySQL, or H2, you might try CopyStorm. It's from Capstorm and is listed on the AppExchange.
Want to download this app? Get if from the AppExchange and contact the publisher for further details.
You can also refer to the below mentioned list of integration services:
- Informatica Cloud
- Cast Iron
- Sesame Relational Junction
Also refer to other APIs to integrate Salesforce with other databases:
- Salesforce Web Services API
- Salesforce Bulk API
- Salesforce Rest API