Why is the HTML e-mail status not being tracked even though I opened the email?
|Knowledge Article Number||000175963|
|Description||This particular solution deals with issues in tracking HTML email status.
What happens is that tracking does not occur and does not count how many times an HTML email has been opened.
In order to track the number of times that the email was opened, you would need to download the pictures or other contents in Html e-mail. Pictures in HTML e-mail can require Outlook to download the pictures from a server. Microsoft Office Outlook is configured by default to block image downloads from the Internet to protect your privacy from junk e-mail senders. You can configure your Safe Sender list in Microsoft Outlook 2007 to automatically download the pictures or other contents in Html e-mail came from Salesforce domain.
Adding Salesforce domain name in Safe Sender list:
1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. On the Preferences tab, under E-mail, click Junk E-mail.
3. Click the Safe Senders or Safe Recipients tab.
4. Click the Add button to displays the Add Address or Domain dialog box.
5. Type in "@salesforce.com".
6. Click OK.
- Single stay-in-touch requests are not put into HTML Email Status related list.
- ”HTML e-mail status” of mass stay-in-touch requests are not updated when the email is viewed.