How can I Rename a Related List?
|Knowledge Article Number||000175965|
|Description||Related lists are available to add to the page layout of the parent object of a master-detail or lookup relationship. Related lists display a list of child records related to the parent record. They usually will have a standard "new" button available to allow users to create a child record directly from the parent record's detail page.
Related lists may also be renamed. The resolution steps will vary depending on whether the related list is the result of a standard or custom relationship.
If lookup relationship is created between 2 objects A and B, then Object A's record detail page can be customized to include the related list that contains record from Object B and similarly Object B's record detail page can be customized to include the related list that contains record from Object A
|Resolution||To rename related lists resulting from a custom relationship (Object Relationships Overview), we will need to locate the custom relationship field on the child object:
1. If the child object is a custom object: From Setup, go to Create > Objects > (Name of Object).
If the child object is a standard object: From Setup, go to Customize > (Name of Object) > fields.
2. Locate the custom lookup or master-detail field referencing the parent object.
3. Click the "Edit" link next to the relationship field.
4. Rename the "Related List Label".
5. Remember to "Save" when finished.
To rename related lists resulting from a standard relationship (Object Relationships Overview), such as Opportunities and Accounts, we will need to rename the child object:
1. From Setup, go to Customize > Tab Names and Labels > Rename Tabs and Labels
2. Click the "Edit" link next to the name of the child object.
3. Rename the Singular and Plural labels.
(Please note that only the Plural label is used to title related lists)
4. Remember to "Save" when finished.
To rename the Products related list on Opportunities or Orders, rename the Product object, apart from renaming Opportunity Product or Order Product.
Also see: Considerations for Renaming Tab and Field Labels