Upload an image in to a HTML email template
|Knowledge Article Number||000175991|
|Description||Images make emails pop and look more lively. We'll show you how to add some extra personality to your emails.|
|Resolution|| Before you get started - For an image to be available for use in your email template, it'll need to be available as a document.
1. Click your name in the upper right corner | then click My Settings.
2. Click Email | then Email Templates.
3. Click New Template.
4. Click HTML (using Letterhead).
5. Click Next.
6. Create a name for your template and choose a letterhead and email layout.
7. Click Next.
8. Place your mouse in the email body where you would like your image to be displayed.
9. Hover your mouse over the "Insert Image" tool on the tool bar at the top of the page. Note that the inserted image appears left aligned and can only be moved up and down. If you would like to place an image in between texts, a custom html can be created.
10. A new window will pop up and you will see your image document appearing in the list.
11. Choose the appropriate file and upload it
12. Click Save and test if image is displayed correctly.
Limitations: The image must be in JPEG or PNG format. PDF's can't be inserted as an image in a HTML email template.
1. Open the PDF in another program outside of Salesforce.