Salesforce for Outlook Side Panel keeps on loading or remains blank
|Knowledge Article Number||000176337|
Side panel loads in Outlook but it never connects
- It will keeps on loading and goes into a loop and stays either white or blank or
- Data displayed in the Side Panel is out of order and all distorted or
- An error message is displayed in the "Side Panel" stating "Salesforce is not reachable at this time".
An example of the Side Panel not loading correctly
Beginning Summer ’15, we’ll discontinue support for Microsoft® Internet Explorer® versions 7 and 8. For these versions, this means that some functions may no longer work after this date. Salesforce Customer Support will not investigate issues related to Internet Explorer 7 and 8 after this date.
- Internet Explorer settings
- Existence of a proxy server or a firewall
- Network security policy or VPN settings, slow network performance
- RSS enabled feeds causing too much network traffic
To reduce the potential communication issues, you can disable the “Salesforce for Outlook Add to Salesforce Toolbar” so the side panel won’t be competing for connection with SFO during troubleshooting.
Click on the GO button and uncheck the box for “Salesforce for Outlook Add to Salesforce Toolbar”. Also, ensure that the box for “Salesforce for Outlook Side Panel” is checked
In few cases this issue could be related to one or more of Outlook RSS feeds. Follow the steps below and then try to reproduce the issue
5- Next click on the Microsoft Exchange account on the left and make sure the box for Include the selected account in this group is checked
7- Once done, click on Ok | Close | Ok and close and reopen Outlook
8- Try reproducing the issue.
Configure your Internet Explorer browser settings for optimal performance when using the Salesforce for Outlook plug-in. Even if your default browser is not IE you need to follow these steps and make sure IE is working online and working correctly.
NOTE: You must have local administrative privileges on your computer to do this.