Tips using CTI 4x Adapter
|Knowledge Article Number||000176577|
Firefox and Chrome browser communication uses a static pop-up window for maintaining connectivity to the adapter reliably. If popups do not show ensure popups are not blocked and kill all browser processes in task manager, also kill salesforceCTI.exe process.
Note: The pop-up window does not show for Internet Explorer browsers.
Ensure in setup for all browsers that pop ups are enabled or at least include localhost:11000 (OR port being used by the adapter) and the instance such as na1.salesforce.com in the popup blocker exclusion.
Browser best practices:
CTI 4.03 now has an "Auto Exit" mechanism. The adapter now receives an "EXIT" message when:
An agent closes all salesforce.com browser windows (this includes the adapter pop-up window for Firefox and Chrome)
An agent logs out of salesforce.com
The agent's salesforce.com session expires
To ensure reliable communication ensure that users logout of Salesforce and close all browser tabs, pop ups and preferably close the adapter also at the end of a shift.
Cache and Cookie tips:
If users have problems with the popups clearing cache and cookies can help.
- Clearing cache and Cookies for Chrome http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95582
- Clearing cache for IE 7 & IE 8 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/delete-temporary-internet-files
- Clearing Cookies for IE 9 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Clearing Cache for IE 9 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-id/windows7/how-to-delete-your-browsing-history-in-internet-explorer-9
- Clearing Cache for Firefox http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
- Clearing Cookies for Firefox http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/remove-recent-browsing-search-and-download-history
Internet Explorer 64 bit:
It is recommended to use the 64 bit version of Internet Explorer on 64 bit machines
In Internet Explorer also ensure there is native support for XMLHttpRequest, to do this navigate to the following location:
Tools | Internet Options | Advanced | security | Enable Native xmlHTTP support
For Internet Explorer 9 memory usage can be tuned by changing GPU rendering:
Click the Advanced tab, and then under Accelerated graphics, select the "Use software rendering" instead of GPU rendering check box
More information on troubleshooting the Adapter popups and communication.