Steps to setup the Radian6 Engagement Console
Social Accounts within the Radian6 platform are registered within the Social Account Manager and used in various applications across the platform, mainly within the Radian6 Engagement Console for response and monitoring purposes.
1. Open the Accounts window found under File or Radian6 Engagement Console (MAC OS).
2. Select the type of Account you wish to configure, Managed Account or Personal Account.
Tip: The name "Personal" refers solely to the fact that this type of Account's main function is for use by the person operating the Radian6 Engagement Console. A shared corporate account may also be configured through this method if the User has the proper credentials to that Account.
If you selected a Managed Account:
A Managed Account, currently available for Twitter and Facebook, is an account that allows the Radian6 platform to ingest and store the associated data. Workflow can be applied to posts in Managed Accounts stacks. Steps for registering Managed accounts can be found in the Facebook Managed Accounts and Twitter Managed Accounts guides.
If you selected a Personal Account:
A Personal Social Account is used to send and receive posts through the Radian6 Engagement Console. Salesforce Chatter, Twitter, and Bitly can be registered with the Account. Learn what you'll need to complete the registration below.
Configure Salesforce Chatter
In order to configure your Salesforce Chatter Account for use within the Radian6 Engagement Console, you'll need the following information:
- Security Token (Optional)
In order to configure your Bitly Account for use within the Radian6 Engagement Console, you'll need the following information:
In order to configure your Twitter Account for use within the Radian6 Engagement Console, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Account window.
2. Click Personal Account.
3. Click Add/Edit Twitter Accounts.
4. Click Manage Twitter Accounts in order to be taken out of the Engagement Console to the Social Account Manager.
5. On the Social Account Manager login page, use your same Radian6 credentials that you access the Engagement Console with to log in.
6. Once logged in, you'll see all accounts currently registered under your Radian6 Username. For a new account, click New Account from the top-right corner.
7. Click Twitter.
8. Enter your Twitter credentials and select the "Remember Me" check box.
9. Click Authorize App..
10. You will be re-directed back to the Social Account Manager, which will indicate the setup was completed.
11. Return to the Engagement Console, click Done on the Twitter Account page.
12. Within your Engagement Console you'll need to refresh the available accounts by opening Posting Palette, clicking the Select Accounts, and clicking the refresh icon found in the top-right corner of the "Select Accounts" window.