Increasing the Maximum number of custom foreign keys per entity
|Knowledge Article Number||000180846|
|Description||Available in: Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance and Unlimited Editions
The "Maximum number of custom foreign keys per entity" refers to the amount of Lookup and Master-Detail relationship fields you are allowed on a single object.
You can still have only 2 Master Detail relationships on any one object but it is possible to increase the number of lookup fields you can have on one object in addition to the Master-Detail Relationships.
Default Limit: 40
Maximum Limit: 50
|Resolution||Production Org (in edition where feature is available)
What you need to do:
1. Verify that the Organization where you want the feature to be enabled is on an edition where the feature is available
2. Have a System Administrator create a case with Salesforce Customer Support
3. Please mark as "feature activation" on the General Application Area
4. On the case description, please specify:
5. Our Support Team will review the Case and action as needed.
Requests for increasing this limit in sandboxes will be facilitated through a separate case created by support.
If the limit increase has been made on production, the same limit can be applied in sandbox through the use of License Match Tool.
Free Editions (Trial Org or Developer Edition)
This increase is not available for Developer Editions. Trial organizations may qualify but you will need to contact your Account Executive or another member of the Account Team instead of logging a case with support.
Note: These requests may take a few days to process because of the approvals needed. Typically, the increase happens in your sandboxes first followed by your production.