Can we use Cross Object Formula fields as common fields in Joined Reports?
|Knowledge Article Number||000181557|
Cross Object Formula Fields cannot be used as common fields in Joined Reports. This means that if two Objects have a Cross Object Formula that references the same field in a parent record, the report cannot be grouped across the Formula Fields.
An alternative solution to fulfill this requirement would be to create Custom Report Types for each Object, which includes the referenced Parent Field. The parent will need to be added after the report type is saved.
Follow these steps:
1. View the Report Type.
2. Click the Edit Layout button in the Fields Available for Reports section at the bottom of the page.
3. Click the "Add fields related via lookup »" link in the View box at the right side of the page.
4. In the pop-up window, click on the Link for the lookup field which is referenced in the cross object formula.
5. Mark the check-box for the field that is referenced in the cross object formula and click OK.
6. Save the report type layout.
The referenced field should be available as a common field in a Joined Report created from the new Report Types.