Web service callout unexpected element error message
|Knowledge Article Number||000181639|
|Description||Find out what to do if you're getting the following error message, "Web service callout failed: Unexpected element. Parser was expecting element 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Envelope' but found ':HTML'."|
|Resolution||Usually this error occurs if there is some issue in communication with the external webservice, there are a few things you can check.
1. Check if external webservice is really available and working.
2. Check if Salesforce's IP addresses are included in whitelist on the firewall of the network where the external webservice is located.
3. Validate the endpoint address of the webservice.
4. Check if the endpoint's server is enabled as a Remote Site in Salesforce.
5. Remember that web service must be accessible from Internet to a public and valid IP address.