Show or Hide Salesforce for Outlook Side Panel
|Knowledge Article Number||000186485|
The Show/Hide button gives you the option to have more display area on your screen. If you have a small screen or do not use the Side Panel all the time, you can hide it temporarily to have more view of your Outlook window and then click on the Show/hide button when you would like use the Side Panel.
In Outlook 2013 and 2016
These steps need to be performed after you install Salesforce for Outlook and to make sure Side Panel loads without any issues, then
1. In Outlook 2013 make sure you are on the Home tab ( you can use any tab you like but it is easier to have the Show/Hide button on the Home tab)
3. On the Outlook Options window, from the left column under Choose commands from: drop down, select All Commands
In the screen shot below I have all the steps documented with numbers and named the button Side Panel.
(Click to enlarge)
7. Once you click on the Add button you should see the new button under your newly created Group
In order to start over and reverse your changes if you make any errors, click on the on the tab you made changes on the Outlook Options screen and then click on the Reset button in front of Customization: and from the Reset drop down select Reset only selected Ribbon tab
In Outlook 2010
The Show / Hide option will show after the user is assigned to an Outlook Configuration that has the Side Panel enabled and has installed Salesforce for Outlook on their Computer.
1. Go to View Tab or the Add-Ins tab
In Outlook 2007
1. Go to View - Salesforce Side Panel or Side Panel Menu Caption
NOTE: Hiding the Side Panel will also remove it from the email author window.
You would also see a new String Value in the Windows Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\AddinSidePanel.AddinModule once the Show/Hide button loads in Outlook. It's a String Value called "SidePanelShow" that may have a value of False for Hidden or True for Show