Salesforce for Outlook - Sync Error: INVALID_FIELD: ActivityDateTime,Description,id,ACTIVITYDATE,ISALLDAYEVENT
|Knowledge Article Number||000187478|
Upon syncing Events with Salesforce for Outlook (SFO), you might receive the following error message in the SFO logs or in a GUI error in SFO pop up window:
ERROR at Row:1:Column:136
No such column 'ISALLDAYEVENT' on entity 'Event'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."
This error would occur if the "All Day Event" field is not added to the Event page layout or/and is not visible for the affected user's profile.
Your Salesforce Administrator needs to make this change
To add the "All day event" field to the Event page layout, follow these steps:
1. Login to Salesforce.com with a user name with administrative privileges
2. Click on Setup or you may have to click on your name and then click on Setup
3. Click on Customize | Activities | Event Page Layouts
4. Click Edit next to the Event Layout
If you have more than one page layout, make sure you do this for all the page layouts
5. On the fields pane at the top, find the "All day event" field and drag and drop it to the page layout.
6. Click Save
Now you need to make the field visible for the affected user's profile .
This only applies to Salesforce Unlimited and Enterprise Editions. If you are using the Professional Edition you can skip this step
1. Next click on "Event Fields" under Customize. Select "All Day Event"
2. On the All Day Event page click on "Set Field-Level Security" and check the box under the "Visible" for the user profile and click on save
You are done, now try to Sync again
You may need to exit and restart SFO