Add a photo or image to a Contact record
|Knowledge Article Number||000188392|
|Description||If you're trying to upload an image to your contacts, here are the steps that you'll need to follow.|
1. Create a public folder to hold your image files.
2: Upload your image file to your Documents storage area.
3. Get the URLs or links to each of the pictures you uploaded
· Click on the "View File" link next to the name of the file you are going to use
· A new browser window/tab will open. Go to the address bar, highlight and copy the URL
4. Create a new formula field with the resulting data type text (it must be of type text or it won't work)
· Make sure Advanced Formula is selected
CASE (FirstName & LastName,'Darius' & 'Caravana', IMAGE('/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01590000002E31g', 'DariusPicture', 100, 100), 'Vincent' & 'Sullivan', IMAGE ('/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01590000002E33m', 'VincentPicture', 100, 100), 'Florent' & 'Dean', IMAGE('/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01590000002E33h', 'FlorentPicture', 100, 100), NULL)
There is a free appexchange application called Photo Uploader which might be helpful as well. This isn't a supported application by Salesforce.com Support.