Delay in adding an email address in outlook 'To' field and displaying them in the Salesforce for Outlook side panel
|Knowledge Article Number||000188462|
|Description||After downloading the Salesforce for Outlook there has been an issue with the side panel. When an email address is added to the 'To' field it doesn't find the contact in the Salesforce side panel unless you click away and then click back or else copy and paste the email address back in.|
To resolve the issue the user needs to configure the Internet Explorer settings as below :
1. Close all Internet Explorer browser windows.
2. Open Internet Explorers Internet Properties:
3. Click on the “General” tab. Under Browsing History click on "Settings".
4. Next, click on the “Security” tab and click on Trusted Sites. Click on the “Sites” button and add
https://*.salesforce.com in the “Add this website to the zone” box and select “Add” and “Close.”
5. While remaining on the “Security” tab and Trusted Sites option, under Security level for this zone, click on the “Custom level” button.
6. Under Reset custom settings change the “Reset to:” drop down field to “Low” followed by click on the “Reset...” button. When the warning box appears click on “Yes."
7. Stay in the “Security Settings – Trusted Sites Zone” window and in the Settings section scroll down until you see “Websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone” and select the Enable radio.
8. Now click on OK and YES if you get a warning message.
9. Next, click on “Privacy” tab.
10. The next tab selection will be the “Connections” tab.
11. The last tab to check will be the “Advanced” tab.
12.Click on OK to close the Internet Properties window.
13. Click on “Close”.
14. Restart Internet Explorer.