|To add additional tabs and customize the tabs displayed when using Work.com, the admin can create a custom app that includes all the Work.com tabs, and any other additional tabs to display.
To create a custom apps:
- From Setup, click .
- Click New.
- If the Salesforce console is available, select whether you want to define a custom app or a Salesforce console.
- Specify a label for the app. The label can have a maximum of 40 characters, including spaces. This label is the app’s name in the Force.com app menu.
- Optionally, enter a description of the app.
- Click Next.
- Optionally, specify a custom logo for the app. Click Insert an image to choose an image file from the document library.
- Click Next.
- Click the left and right arrow buttons to add or remove tabs from the app.
- Click the up and down arrow buttons to define the order in which the tabs will display in the app.
- Optionally, set the default landing tab for your new app using the Default Landing Tab drop-down menu below the list of selected tabs. This determines the first tab a user sees when logging into this app.
- For Professional Edition users, click Save to finish the wizard. For Enterprise or Developer Edition users, click Next.
- Check the Visible box to choose the user profiles for which the app will be available.
- Check the Default box to set the app as that profile’s default app. This means that new users who have the profile will see this app when they log in for the first time. Profiles with limits are excluded from this list.
- Click Save to finish the wizard.