Chatter Desktop users not able to add other users as chat participants
|Knowledge Article Number||000194134|
|Description||Users are not able to add other users as chat participants using Chatter Desktop messenger (all versions):
1) Start a a new chat with a user in Chatter Desktop
2) Click on Add Participant icon
3) Type a user's name in the search field "Find available people"
4) No search results are found on users even though user is Online
|Resolution||This is a Working as Designed behavior in Chatter Desktop. In Chatter Desktop, chat participant search on existing chat will return no results if:
1) Searched upon users are not Online And
2) They are not being Followed in Chatter
A good work around available is to use browser version of Chatter messenger which does not have this search limitation.