Work.com on Salesforce Recommended Profiles
|Knowledge Article Number||000194307|
*This document should only be used as a guide and we recommend mapping out your profiles before starting to build them.
A profile contains user permissions and access settings that control what users can do within their organization.
In this document you will find:
● Links to Salesforce documentation on Profiles and related information
● Detailed instructions with screenshots that take you through setting up a Work.com
● Examples of 3 different Profiles, including Standard Work.com User, Work.com Admin,
Performance Cycle Manager
● Descriptions for each Work.com Object
Find some helpful links on permission sets below and at help.salesforce.com:
How to create a Profile
The screenshots provided give an overview of what you steps you will take and what you should expect to see when creating profiles for Work.com on Salesforce.
1. To create a Profile go to Setup ➔ Manage Users ➔ Profiles ➔ New Profile
2. Choose an existing Profile to clone from, and enter a name
● Profile Name: For Example: “Work.com Standard User”
3. To add Object Settings to your Profile, go to Setup ➔ Manage Users ➔ Profiles ➔ Choose the Profile you want to work on ➔ Object Settings
4. Object Settings - This is where you will set permissions to access objects, fields and tabs.
● Work.com on Salesforce is made up of many distinct Objects; when enabling an Object you will notice that the Object is listed twice. This is not an error, one listing is for the object itself and one is for the tab associated with that object:
You will want to enable both the tab and the object, as you’ll see in the Standard User Profile included in this document.
Object Permissions and Field Permissions
5. System Permissions - System Permissions control users' ability to perform tasks that apply to all apps—such as “Modify All Data”—or tasks that don't apply to any apps—such as “API Only User.” For Work.com you will need to enable “API Enabled.”
Setting up your Profiles for Work.com on Salesforce.
Standard User - The Standard User Profile gives a user all the basic Work.com functionality.
Set your System Permissions on the Profile (Setup ➔ Manage Users ➔ Profile ➔ Choose the Profile you want to work on ➔ System Permissions)
Work.com Admin - The Work.com Admin Profile gives a user full administrative access to Work.com objects and features only.
Set your System Permissions on the Profile (Setup ➔ Manage Users ➔ Profiles ➔ Choose the Profile you want to work on ➔ System Permissions)
Performance Cycle Manager - The Performance Cycle Manager Profile is typically used by your HR operations lead in charge of creating and deploying performance summaries to employees.