Unable to locate the attachments under added Email
|Knowledge Article Number||000199222|
Users are unable to add attachments with associated emails via Salesforce for Outlook (Add Email or the Side Panel) or the Email to Salesforce under Email in Activity History section.
Also they may see name of the attachment present however, the link to view the attachment is missing
1) Unable to save attachments with emails
2) Attachment name is visible on the added email but the actual attachment is missing from the page.
This issue could be related to either or both of these
1) Saving attachments is not enabled under user's personal settings
2) Attachment field is missing from the Task page Layout
To address this issue follow the following steps:
1- You need to make sure that saving attachment is enabled under your personal settings. To do this
Depending on your organization these steps may be different.
1- Log-in to Salesforce and choose one of the following
For non-Enhanced Setup Menu:
- Click on your Name | Setup
- Under Personal Setup expand Email | My Email to Salesforce
For Enhanced Setup Menu:
- Click on your Name | My Setup
- Under My Settings click on Email | My Email to Salesforce
3- Try to associate (attached) an email with an attachment and then log-in to Salesforce again and locate the record you added the email to (or unresolved item queue) and click on the Activity History link on top and look for the attachment near bottom of the page
4)If the Attachments section is missing from the Email, you need to add it to the Tasks page layout.
a) Go to the Salesforce Setup menu and under Customize click on Activities | Task Page Layout
b) Click on Edit under the Action next to the Page layout
c) Click on Related Lists and on the right hand side you should the Attachments field
d) Drag and drop it to the Related list section on the page and save it
Check the email you have previously associated and you should be able to see the attachment