How to verify a valid mobile number
|Knowledge Article Number||000199287|
|Description||If you login from an unknown IP address, a verification code will be sent via SMS if the mobile number is verified. Learn how you can verify properly your mobile number.|
Important: Salesforce Support is unable to perform these steps. The Salesforce account owner can verify their own mobile number or their System Admin can add the mobile with the proper format under the user detail page
Verify a mobile number
1. At the top of any Salesforce page, click the down arrow next to your name.
2. From the menu under your name, select Setup or My Settings (whichever one appears).
3. From the left panel, select one of the following:
4. From the User Detail page, to the right side of the Mobile field, click Add or Change.
5. Enter a valid mobile number without any spaces or dashes, and then click Register.
6. Enter the verification code received via SMS, and then click Verify my code.
7. You'll return to the User Detail page and your mobile number will be verified.
From a new Lightning UI:
1. From the menu under your name, select Settings
2. From My Personal Information section, select Advanced User Details
3. From Advanced User Details page, select Mobile field to add/change, where applicable
4. Enter a valid mobile number without any spaces or dashes
5. Click Save button when done.