Work.com: How to Mass Assign Work.com User Feature Licenses
|Knowledge Article Number||000199535|
|Description||To assign a user a Work.com User feature license through DataLoader set their UserPermissionsWorkDotComUserFeature field to true|
|Resolution||1. Open DataLoader (or LexiLoader if you're on a Mac)
2. Click the Export button
3. Login with your Salesforce Admin credentials if prompted.
Note: If your organization restricts IP addresses, logins from untrusted IPs are blocked until they’re activated. Salesforce automatically sends you an activation email that you can use to log in. The email contains a security token that you must add to the end of your password. For example, if your password is mypassword, and your security token is XXXXXXXXXX, you must enter mypasswordXXXXXXXXXX to log in.
4. Hit the Next button after you've logged in successfully
5. Select the User object
6. Choose the Id, FirstName, Lastname and UserPermissionsWorkDotComUserFeature fields then click Finish
7. Open the CSV file you just exported
8. Set the UserPermissionsWorkDotComUserFeature column to true for every user you want to assign a Work.com User Feature license to and save the file
Note: Ensure the users have a valid salesforce license. Work.com User Feature licenses can be added to the following salesforce license types:
10. Select the User object, choose the file from step 8 and hit Next
11. Click Create or Edit a Map
12. Click Auto-Match Fields to Column then click OK
13. Click Next
14. Choose a directory to store success and error files and click Finish
You should be all set at this point. If an error file was generated open it up and correct any errors you find. You can confirm the updates were made by going to a user's detail page and verify the Work.com User Checkbox is enabled.