|Below are the steps to help you troubleshoot login issues with Partner and Community users.
- Check if the user is an active user by going to Setup | Manage Users | Users | click on the affected user.
- Locate the checkbox field "Active", then make sure it is checked. If the checkbox is checked, then proceed to next step.
- Next scroll down to "Login History" to see what the system is recording when the affected user attempts to login.
- Find the portal login URL that the affected user needs to login from with the following steps:
- For a Partner portal please go to: Setup| Customize| Partners| Settings
- For a Communities user please go to Setup| Customize| Customer Portal |Settings
- Confirm that "Login Enabled" is checked, if it's not checked, then please check it. Then proceed to the next step.
- Click on the portal name.
- Locate the "Portal Default Settings".
- Copy the URL from the "Login URL".
- Paste the URL in the browser and hit go to make sure the portal login works.
- Have the user Input the proper credentials for login username and password. Partners and Community users do not get a challenge like normal Salesforce users for a security code when logging in from a new IP address. If the user does not remember the password have the user reset the password by clicking the "Forgot your password?" link from the Portal URL.