Why Does Compatibility Mode Not Work in salesforce.com?
|Knowledge Article Number||000205436|
|Description||What is Compatibility Mode in Internet Explorer?
Compatibility mode, a.k.a Compatibility View, is a mechanism by which software emulates an older version of software in order to allow obsolete software or files to remain compatible with the computer's newer hardware or software. Prior versions of Internet Explorer called this "Compatibility Mode," and it was renamed "Compatibility View" in Internet Explorer versions 10 and 11
Salesforce does not support Compatibility Mode / Compatibility View nor any of the following in Internet Explorer:
|Resolution||Why Does salesforce.com Not Support Compatibility Mode/View?
Salesforce.com platform does not support Compatibility Mode/ View because it would add substantially to our test matrix and further complicate a lot of the browser specific code, making it more difficult to maintain.
How do I disable Compatibility Mode in Internet Explorer?
1. Go to Tools (Menu Bar) on Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10, or 11. Alternatively, you can click on the gear icon in the top right.
2. Click on Compatibility View Settings. Click Remove if salesforce.com is added to compatibility view.
3. Uncheck "Include updated websites list from Microsoft".
4. Uncheck "Display all websites in compatibility view" if it is checked.
5. Click on Close and then refresh page (F5, Ctrl R, or Refresh icon to the right of the address bar)