IdeaExchange Overview & Status Definitions
|Knowledge Article Number||000205453|
|Description||IdeaExchange: Overview and Status Definitions
The IdeaExchange leverages the power of YOU, our user community. You can suggest and vote on new product enhancements and collaborate with colleagues, partners and our Product Team. If you have a favorite Idea that you are passionate about, then make sure you submit or vote for it! The popularity of an Idea - measured through votes and comments- is what helps us understand which Ideas are important to you, and which Ideas you want our Product Team to consider.
Link to access idea exchange - https://success.salesforce.com/ideaSearch
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Have an Idea? Search, then post your Idea. Before posting a new idea, search to see if it already exists. Chances are another Community member might have had the same Idea and added it to the IdeaExchange. If it exists, great! Just click the “thumbs up” icon to log your vote (and if you’d like to add a comment use the comment box). If you’ve searched and are unable to find an existing idea then, click on the “Post Your Idea” button to submit a new one. When entering your Idea be sure to enter a clear and descriptive title, fill in the details, choose your category and hit “Submit”.
2. Share your Idea on the Success Community and other social channels to generate votes. It’s up to you to build support for your Idea. Use the Success Community groups, Chatter, Twitter and word of mouth to tell your friends, followers and coworkers about the Ideas you care about.
3. Once the Idea hits the minimum point threshold, we’ll review to determine road map alignment. If an Idea reaches 2,500 points (that translates to only 250 votes) over its lifetime it will be reviewed by our Product Team and an official response will be posted. If an Idea doesn’t hit this point threshold we can’t guarantee a response, but Product Managers can and do chime in on other Ideas on an ad-hoc basis.
Things to keep in mind:
The minimum point threshold is to help us manage communication expectations only and does not factor in how we prioritize our road map. Product Managers can and do deliver Ideas of all point values big and small, it's just that we can only guarantee status updates on Ideas that have the most community backing.
IDEA STATUSES: UNDERSTANDING WHAT THEY MEAN
When you are viewing an Idea in the IdeaExchange, the grey status box directly underneath the Idea title will let you know where an Idea stands and (by way of status) when you can expect an update. Below are the definition for each of the status available:
- Under Point Threshold: The Idea is either newly submitted or hasn’t gotten enough vote points to initiate an official Product Team review and response. An Idea will stay in this status until it reaches 2,500 Idea points in its lifetime or until a product manager identifies it as an Idea that he or she would like to add to the road map
- Product Team Review: The Idea has reached the minimum point threshold (2,500 points), triggering a Product Team review for road map consideration and feedback. An Idea may stay in this status for a minimum of 1-3 months to provide the Product Team time to work the idea through the analysis and Product Planning cycle. Once reviewed, an update will be posted sharing the decision.
ONCE AN IDEA IS REVIEWED:
After an Idea is reviewed by our Product Team, it will fall into one of two main groups based on its delivery potential.
When an Idea has potential for delivery, it will have one of the following statuses. As the Idea progresses through the product development process, the status will be updated accordingly.
- Under Consideration: The Idea is being considered for a future release, however a release date has not been set and no development work has started. The Idea will be reviewed and updated every three releases until the road map plans change. Please Note: Feature and product plans are always subject to change and customers should make their purchase decisions on features that are already available.
- Considered for Future Roadmap: Similar to "Under Consideration". The Idea is being considered for a future release, however a release date has not been set and no development work has started. The Idea will be reviewed and updated every three releases until the road map plans change. Please Note: Feature and product plans are always subject to change and customers should make their purchase decisions on features that are already available.
- On Roadmap: The Idea is on our roadmap however a release date has not been set. The Idea will be updated when the feature is ready for delivery. Please Note: Feature and product plans are always subject to change and customers should make their purchase decisions on features that are already available.
- Pilot/Beta: The Idea is currently under development and available for testing as a Pilot/Beta feature. The Idea will be updated every three releases until the feature is generally available and/or the Pilot/Beta is complete. Please Note: Feature and product plans are always subject to change and customers should make their purchase decisions on features that are already available. Pilot Participation can be subject to approval.
- Coming in the Next Release: The Idea is currently under development and is targeted for “General Availability” in the upcoming release. The Idea status will be updated to "Delivered" after the feature is released.
- Partially Delivered: Part(s) of an Idea have been delivered and are generally available in the current release, however part(s) of the Idea remain undelivered. The Idea will be updated if the undelivered part(s) of the Idea are on the roadmap.
- Delivered: The Idea is delivered and is generally available. No further updates will be made to the Idea and voting will be disabled.
Finally, an Idea will have one of the following statuses when a solution already exists or when it is not being considered for our current or future roadmap.
- Existing feature: The Idea is a feature that already exists in the product. No further updates will be made to the Idea.
- AppExchange Solutions Available: The Idea is not on our roadmap but a solution is currently available via a Partner or Salesforce Labs on our AppExchange. No further updates will be made to the Idea unless future roadmap plans change.
- Not Planned: The Idea is not under consideration for our short or long term roadmap. No further updates will be made to the Idea unless future roadmap plans change.
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
We love the energy and collaboration that is happening in other areas of the Success Community and want to infuse that into every Idea, vote and comment on the IdeaExchange. To ensure we keep the environment welcoming and collaborative, we have established a few rules of engagement:
No obscene, indecent, hateful, offensive, defamatory, abusive, harassing or profane material
No spam, advertisements or otherwise inappropriate comments or posts
No personal attacks. Comments can be engaging but courteous and respectful.
Keep Ideas on topic. Create a new idea or move the conversation to Chatter to keep it moving.