Files Connect Office 365 issue - You are not authorized to perform that operation
|Knowledge Article Number||000205854|
SharePoint external data source shows up as Authenticated but chatter user is unable to see files or gets the message :
- "You are not authorized to perform that operation" when browsing SharePoint
or salesforce admin sees
- "An unknown error occurred while accessing Files Connect" or "You are not authorized to perform this operation" when trying to validate and sync the external data source.
The Permission Request XML is incorrect in the Sharepoint Online application's permission settings.
|Resolution||The Scope of the Permission Request XML needs to be exactly one of the 3 values specified in the following article (section Register an Office 365 app, step 6).
A common mistake is to put the company's sharepoint domain name in the Scope.
Create an Authentication Provider for SharePoint Online or OneDrive for Business
Steps to follow:
- On SharePoint, go to https://[sharepoint domain]/[site collection path]/_layouts/15/appinv.aspx
- Enter the Client Id of the SharePoint app you created. This value is the consumer key of the Auth provider you created on Salesforce's side.
- Click Lookup.
- Enter a correct value for the field Permission Request XML, with a correct scope.
- Click Create. It will not create another SharePoint app but only update the current app.
Ex. Permission Request XML for connecting to a single site on SharePoint Online:
<AppPermissionRequest Scope="http://sharepoint/content/sitecollection/web" Right="Read"/>