Configuring the LMA
|Knowledge Article Number||000205904|
|Description||This article will explain you that, who to configure LMA after installation with step to follow.|
|Resolution||After installing the LMA, configure it as follows.
1. Assign a lead manager. It is critical that a user in your organization is the owner of all lead records created as a result of package installations.
2. Set the custom object permissions.
a. Licenses: most users in your organization do not need any permissions. Users who view
licenses need the “Read” permission and users who modify license records need “Read”
and “Edit” permissions.
b. Packages: only users who assign the lead manager need “Edit” permissions. Other users
have either “Read” permissions or no permissions.
c. Package Versions: all users have “Read” permissions or no permissions, as there is no need
to create, modify, or delete these records.
• The licenses, packages, and package versions managed in the LMA are different from
most records in that they are created automatically by AppExchange. For this reason,
license, package, and package version records should not be modified or deleted.
• Users with the System Administrator profile can create, modify, and delete records
of all of these custom objects, as they have the “Modify All Data” permission.
a. Licenses: settings depend on how you want to manage these fields for different users in your organization.
b. Packages: make all fields Read-Only. If you want users to edit the Lead Manager field, you can make this field editable.
c. Package Versions: make all fields Read-Only
4. Override the standard Edit button on the license record to use the Modify License Visualforce page.
5. Add related lists:
• Add the Licenses related list to the appropriate Lead page layouts. License managers can use this list on the lead detail page to view the licenses associated with a particular lead.
• Add the Licenses related list to the appropriate Account page layouts. Users can view this list and identify the licenses associated with a particular account.
• Add the Licenses related list to the appropriate Contact page layouts. Users can view this list and identify the licenses associated with a particular contact.